"Be feircely loyal to each other..." Gordon B. Hinckley

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Another addition to our little family



About 9 weeks ago, my parents dog, Dixi, had 9 puppies. I couldn't resist, so I asked my land lords and now...
I have my baby Freckles. He is a border collie Queensland puppy. I fell in love with him imidiately. (ok, so I fall in love with all dogs imidiately.) He was the calmest and sweetest, and...well look at him! When he was born he looked like a panda. As he got bigger, his freckles on his nose started showing up. (which is why I named him Freckles) He is such a good puppy. He usually follows me around, and if he wanders a little, I just have to call him.

He had a very big day to day and is so exahsted. He didn't get to take a nap because so much was going on. He watched most of his brothers and sisters get new homes today, took his first bath, and got a whole new home himself.
How is our cat taking this you ask? terribly. The weirdo was not happy at all. He doesn't really bark, but she could smell him from the other room. Her tail went all poofy and everything. Both of them were good at not attacking each other. she is keeping her distance from everyone. She is starting to calm down now though. She is even comfortable to go to sleep. Surprisingly, Freckles has not ran to her to explore. When he finally noticed her, he just sat there looking at her. That is my good boy.

We joke about our steps to kids. First we got our kitty, then our puppy, next addition should be a baby especially since our landlords told us we cant have a horse (I am only semi joking about that) It wont be for a while, but bit by bit, the Huerta family is growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment