"Be feircely loyal to each other..." Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, August 26, 2011

Portuges food adventure.

A couple of weeks ago, my dad came up with the idea to have a special dinner once a month. Every month, we would pick a country, and everyone would make a dish from that country. well last Thursday night Daddy-0 called me and said we are making Portuguese food on Saturday. It was a huge success!
Luis and I made "Caldo Verde" which means "Green Soup" (we watched a video how to make it, and the guy kept saying "Caldo Verde Soup" which is like saying "Green Soup Soup"....He also did not know how to pronounce linguica...sad) I think I am the only one that was not a fan of our soup. Eric came and asked if every one ate, then polished it off! I just think there could have been more flavor to it. that's all.
Speaking of Eric, he came a little late with his "Portuguese" food. I think he came right from work with his chocolate cake and rocky road ice cream. He figured that dad was a bit Portuguese, and he eats a lot of rocky road, so it counted. My brothers are so funny.
Sarah liked it.
This is just a picture of my dad...after Brooke got ahold of him. Who knew Dad had the same hair cut as Justin Bieber? There was a big fuss over Dad not actually making anything. When I asked him, he said mom helped him with bread. which essentially means "Mom made bread" haha cant fool us.
All in all it was fun. I'm excited for next month. We are doing Greece. Yay Baklava!

No comments:

Post a Comment