"Be feircely loyal to each other..." Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, October 17, 2011

Utah/Idaho adventures

Last week we went to Utah and Idaho to visit some friends. Did I take my camera? Of course. Did I use my camera? Sadly, no. I was too busy stairing at all of the babies! ...Well both of them any way.
We decided to go because I had a day off on Monday, and Luis really missed his Utah friends. He also drove me an extra 8 hours (4 from Utah to Idaho, and 4 back) to see my Best Friend too.
As soon as we arrived at our friend Gillberts, we took a nap. A much needed nap. Then we got to see Juliet. Gilbert and Sarah's baby girl.
When I went to look at her, she looked strait back at me. I know it probably sounds wierd, but whenever I see little babies, I feel like they all look back at me the same way. A lot of the times, they smile at me. Other times it is this very pointed look. It feels like they are trying to tell me something. Almost like a message from my future kids. It is kinda a surreal feeling. It makes my heart ach to hear that voice in my head saying "we are waiting for you. Hurry"
I digress. After waking up and seeing that beautiful baby girl, we went to see Harry Potter...for $1.50 each! We joke that we went all the way to Utah just to see Harry Potter in the dollar theater. (stockton or lodi...please get one of these!) It was fun though. We met up with Luis' other Friends there, Stephanie and Aleena (not exactly sure if that is how you spell her name)
That is also where I met little Tanner. My new love. He is Stephanies baby boy, and he is adorable! I actually met him before I met his parents. Luis was holding him, asked me if i wanted too, and I snached that kid up. He is such a ladies man too. he kept trying to grab at me, and when Gilberts sister-in-law, debbie, walked by, he started alternating between us.
We went to Aleena's for dinner that night...Which I discovered was NOT a restaurant. She made us Arapas. It was one of those things that sounds actually pretty easy to make, which is good because it was so good. It was some sort of white corn bun thing, stuffed with taco mean and mexican cheese. Delicious! I'm excited to make it for my family one of these days. When I do, I will definatly post it up here.
The next day Luis and I got up early in the morning and drove to Rexburg to see my best friend Janie. I missed her. I also was finally able to see some of her husbands paintings...and he is good. I told Luis that when we have more money, I want to pay him to paint us a picture of the Oakland Temple. I will try to get some pictures of his paintings to show you guys.
After church with Janie and Jeff, we drove back to Utah, hung out with Gilbert some more, then with Stephanie for a little, then got on a train for home. and by got on a train, I mean, RAN for the train because we were late. They luckily saw us running and decided to wait...but they were not very nice about it. never want to cut it that close again.
These are just some pictures that I had from weeks before.
Blue. Freckles, maybe, stepdad. Not sure though. Dixi was not too cooperative with him. He tried to sniff freckles, and she wasnt even allowing that. He was such a sweet dog though.


Kitty likes the outdoors...especially the roof.
I have the day off today so I plan on doing something productive with my time. We shall see.
HAVE A NICE DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment