"Be feircely loyal to each other..." Gordon B. Hinckley

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

My Poor Sick Puppy

Sometimes, I feel like we just can't catch a break.  Eye surgery for the baby last month (eye surgery that didn't even work I might add) Emergency Vet trip this month.
When Freckles started throwing up blood last Thursday, I lost it a little bit. 
 Imagine me, sitting on the floor, cleaning up everything, bawling my eyes out.  Every time I would look at him, he would have that sad expression on his face, and I would cry harder.  I was so scared about what was going to happen.  He may be just a dog, but he is my dog.

Because it was so late, we took him to the emergency vet.  After talking with a nurse, with great bedside manner, and a vet, with terrible bedside manner, we found out that Freckles had an ultra bad upset stomach.  The blood was from puking so hard, that must have happened while I was gone.  He was also dehydrated.  After a day of antibiotics, being pumped with fluid, (think camel dog) and a shot to settle his stomach, he was pretty much back to normal.  Now a week later, I am still reminiscing about his puppy days, glad that my fur baby is still with me.

Fearing that Freckles was going to die, has definitely reminded me of what a blessing my dogs are in my life.  Life has been so crazy the past two years, that I haven't stopped as often as I should to play, pet, or just enjoy these two as much as I should.  That has changed, and all of us are much happier that we have re learned to incorporate Freckles and Zuko into our lives more.
I love these two.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment