"Be feircely loyal to each other..." Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Bryan's 2nd birthday

Just a quick check in to show some cute pictures of my 2 year old.
This year went a lot better than last year, as far as birthday's go.  We did a shared birthday party with his Uncle for the family on the 12th.
I try hard not to brag, but I am extremely proud of my Horton Hears a Who cake. Complete with a cake pop Clover.  Of course I forgot to take a picture of just the cake, even after my Mom reminded me.  Sometimes there is just no hope for me.
Because Bryan's cousin has some allergies, the only part of the cake he could eat were the cake pops and the fondant.  So I let him have some of those little dots.  Then him and Bryan went to town pulling all the dots off.
Gift time brought some ninja turtle stuff, and stuff to beat up Mommy with.  Thank you Auntie.

The next day, we had even more birthday fun.
One of his Aunts came over early to help me with a balloon avalanche.
I sat in the room with Bryan, while my sister taped streamers trapping balloons to the door.  He loved when they all fell down on us.  Then he sat and threw balloons around my room for 10 minutes.
After that, we had some friends over for a cookie party.
Decorating cookies was a big hit.  Especially for us moms.  Did I mention I make awesome buttercream?
Some quick decorating tips:
  • for Black icing,  throw in some coco powder before adding your food coloring.  No more icky flavor.
  • rubber bands are a great way to keep icing from flowing out the top.  Perfect for decorating with kids.
  • Batch of sugar cookies too big? Freeze those puppies.

Mmmmm
We seriously had an awesome time.  
It is hard to believe that this sweet boy is 2 already.  Sometimes, I just wish I could freeze time, but with each new day, brings new things to learn and experience.  I am so grateful to have this time to watch both of us grow.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment