"Be feircely loyal to each other..." Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween and Easy Pumpkin Pancakes.

Halloween was so much fun.  Like always, we went to my sister's  to trick-or-treat with her kids, only this year, I didn't get in trouble when I carried my niece around when she got too tired to walk.(Last year, I was pregnant, so that was a no-no) 
 I loved dressing Bryan up.  He looked so cute in is Peter Pan costume. (or Robin Hood, depending on who you are) He even let me keep the hat on him.
Halfway through walking around with the kids, Bryan got so tired that, as soon as he was put in my arms, he fell right asleep.  I have this thing against the stroller, but I was glad to have it that night.  This boy is getting heavy.  It was nice to be able to let him sleep in his stroller.  Everyone else liked it too.  It made for a good place to store sweaters and candy buckets on the way home.

 This little lion costume was his backup, just in case it got too cold.
In between our little fashion show

This was our center piece for the last week of October.  It was really cute when I had my tissue paper flowers in it...and before I ate some of the candy corn.

And now, Pumpkin Pancakes!
 Like when I did the cherry cupcakes, I used a mix.  You can use any pancake mix, I really like krustys, so that's what I used.  The amounts are as follows:
2 cups pancake mix
5-6 heaping tablespoons pumpkin Puree
1 cup-1 1/4 cup water
1/4 cup chopped pecans(optional)

Mix all that up and then cook it like you would normally cook a pancake.
My dad taught me to make pancakes at a really young age, and I never remember him measuring water for the pancakes.  Now that I am older, I semi measure the water, but never use the exact same amount.  For these, use most of the 1 cup, then mix it.  Then keep adding water and mixing little by little until your batter is the right texture.

We had such an awesome Halloween, but now I am so excited for November.  While I am not a fan of cold, November and December bring a sort of cozy feeling that isn't there for the rest of the year.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh dang! I wish you would have posted these pumpkin pancakes awhile ago! I guess it's still November - they are still in season right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha or me, they are in season for as long as i have cans of pumpkin puree. I have an addiction

      Delete