"Be feircely loyal to each other..." Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, May 12, 2014

The Fruits of Your Labor

 Yes.  I am being very literal with that phrase.  About a month ago, Luis built me a little garden and while watering it this afternoon, I found this.
 That's right.  A red strawberry.  We have had some green ones for about a week but they have finally started to get some color in them.  I am going to give it a day or two before I pick that bad boy.  
Some of our other plants have started to flower.  The beans and the squash have lots of flowers, where there is only one flower actually blooming on my tomatoes (though you can see a couple getting ready to)  I just told my sister that I don't have the patience to do this gardening thing.  I want my veggies now.  After today though, I am so glad I am taking the minimal time to grow a few things.  The day to day changes are so beautiful.
 Oh, and one tip that I discovered for those who have outside cats who think "garden" us a synonym to "bathroom,"  after I water each plant, I give the entire bed a spray down.  She hates doing her duty in dirt that is already wet
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment