"Be feircely loyal to each other..." Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Abuela



     The past two weeks, we have had a lot of fun visiting with the Hubby's mom.  Seeing as she lives in a completely different country, It is not something we can do often.  It was actually the first time Bryan has met her other than through the computer screen.
     Bryan had a lot of fun following her around the kitchen and playing with her.
 He helped her make masaco. (a dish made of fried and mashed plantains.)

 She even taught me to make some things. (Like stuffed eggplant.)




She brought B lots of gifts
Including 2 bikes that he LOVES. 

 And an awesome Batman towel poncho.  That doesn't fit me. I tried assume...
It was such a blessing she was able to visit.  I learned so much about cooking, Spanish(I now think in Spanglish), and the culture that my husband grew up in.
I was able to be spoiled and spend more time with my family.
We traveled a little (more posts about those)
My favorite thing though, was watching her and Bryan play and get to know each other. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment