"Be feircely loyal to each other..." Gordon B. Hinckley

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Los Angeles

Last week, my sister went on vacation, so like a good sister, I stayed behind with her two youngest for an entire week.  In all honesty, she did give me an out a couple days before she left.  I told her "no", that it was ok, I could do it.  What I really thought was "Heck no woman!"  I had been looking forward to spending the week with those two pumpkins for months.  But now that I am not chasing after 3 crazies, back to your regular scheduled programming.

Way back weeks ago, I said that we did some traveling, well here it is.
Los Angeles
outside the consulate, waiting for daddy and Grandma
We wanted to pack in as many things to see as we could because, well, who knows if Abuela will have another chance?
Though, I don't know if it is because I've been there before, that I'm old at heart, or some other reason, I found everything so underwhelming.  Hollywood blvd, was just sorta blah.  and NOTHING but night club, after night club, after night club.  There was the museum for L. Ron Hubbard.  AKA "Sneaky Scientology Recruitment Building".  I don't have anything against Scientology, it just made me laugh because I did not expect it at all.  Though it really was a cool to learn about all the amazing things L. Ron Hubbard did with his life.

Santa Monica, however, was very whelming(Anyone? No...*back to the nerd closet*)
The beach was just B-E-A-utiful.  So much cleaner and altogether nicer than Santa Cruz.  And the water was gorgeous and perfect for a hot day.

The Hubby playing volleyball with his mommy


Bryan just loves the sand.  What he doesn't love?  Sharing his toys with Daddy.
There were so many street performers on the pier.  One even took our request for a song so Bryan could dance. He loved it.  We gave him a dollar to put in the mans box, which he walked up to it, looked at the dollar then ran away with it.  This kid knows whats up. (We still gave the man the money.  We are not teases)


Chocolate ice cream for the win

What is my favorite thing about our trip?  We met so many different people there.  It was such a wonderful experience.  And such wonderful warm people too.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment