"Be feircely loyal to each other..." Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, April 25, 2016

A Week with Family

     Last week, Bryan and I ditched the Daddy and spent the whole week at my parents house.  While we missed him a lot, we also had tons fun with our family.  
     We actually have been going up north a lot for someone who moved away.  My dad jokes that he sees us more now that we moved.  But this was our last trip until baby girl comes.  My mom doesn't believe me, but we have so much going on here in the next month, and after that we will be in super baby mode. (July is coming people!)
     We were actually really fortunate to see all of Bryan's Aunties, Uncles, and Cousins this time around.  I even was able to see one of my own Aunts.
    
     Our trip was planned a little last minute.  But we ultimately decided to go because of this crazy girl:


     Scary, I know, but she is amazing.  She was in Shakespeare's "The Tempest" and was just Hilarious.  I had originally told her I couldn't go because they had changed the performance dates around and it was a bad weekend for us, and all these real reasons, that we ended up ignoring.
     She had NO idea we were coming because, well we live 5 hours away and a play was just not worth the trip.  It was sooo worth the trip.  Just surprising her was worth the trip.

     Though with her makeup, Bryan wouldn't go near her.  Which continued a little to the next day.
They both enjoyed my horchata cravings
Eventually he decided they were buddies again.
Just drinking some "chaka"
     Sunday, we celebrated my brothers birthday.  Then Monday we spent with my sister and playing with cousins.  My sister was able to teach me a little about reupholstering stuff.  Which, you know you are an adult when that sounds super fun to you.  Sister time and sewing at the same time?  yes please.
     We soaked up lots of Grandma and Auntie time the next couple days, because Thursday, they ended up coming to my neck of the woods (when I wasn't even here)  for Show Choir and Band competitions.  Lots of performing arts for that girl.  Both her groups ranked gold, in case you were wondering.(I am a braggy older sister. I know.)
     We also went to my other little sister's house and my brothers house to hang out with my SIL, where we snapped some cute pics of these cuties.
He loves his cousins.
   
Then it was a day with Papa.  It was a nice relaxing day.  We helped my dad's friend pick something up (Bryan keeps talking about that actually.) then just playing with the dogs and relaxing on the porch.


After a nice afternoon nap, we went for a walk down the road.  Quiet country roads are the best.  Dad did a little leash work with their puppy.  Of course Bryan likes to do whatever Papa does.  So we cautiously gave him the leash.  He actually did very well at trying to guide her and kept saying,"Come on Penny" When she would start pulling on him.  It was adorable to watch.
     It was so good to grab in some precious time with family.  It will be a hard couple months not seeing them so often.(which is why we stayed the week)  Especially with the baby coming. I wouldn't trade this past week for anything.  I'm also grateful that I live in a time where anyone is a phone or Skype call away.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment