"Be feircely loyal to each other..." Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Starting our Garden

Bryan is turning 3 tomorrow, (ack!) and I have so much stuff to do, with very little energy to do it with.  As I take a little break in between running errands, and getting things ready for tomorrow, I figured I would tell you all about our tiny garden we are planning.
One of the best things to do on a nice sunny day is gardening.  It gets you out working in the sunshine, and the outcome can be just gorgeous. 
I also think it is a great thing to teach kids, so in wanting to be an awesome mom, I went to Lowe's and grabbed this little greenhouse seed starter.  It was really inexpensive, AND, provided the dogs behave themselves, we can reuse it over and over.  My only complaint is that the lid is too light.  We have had some wind lately and I've found it clear across the yard.

I am happy to say, Bryan enjoyed this little project of ours.  We only planted 2 types of seeds so far because I wanted to see how he would do before we went crazy.  It ended up being perfect.  Putting the seeds in was a little challenging for him, especially because they were so small.  I would put a little in his hand and show him how to do it, but in the end, he ended up just sprinkling them everywhere.  He loves going out to water them.  I poked some holes in a water bottle so that he couldn't go too overboard.

After we finished planting and watering, he decided that he didn't want to be done.  So out he went to play in more dirt.  I caught him picking the grass, and re-planting it in the dirt.

We already have some green in our basil section.  Yum.  Now to find a place to transplant them to when they are big enough.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment