"Be feircely loyal to each other..." Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, April 29, 2016

Bryan is 3!

     I have had a 3 year old for a few weeks now, and I cannot believe it!  Time just needs to slow it down.
     Things were a little crazy this year, since we had his birthday, and then immediately started getting ready for our week long trip.  Our original plan was to have a barbecue the Saturday after his birthday.  Our last minute trip kinda nixed that idea, so we just had a couple friends over the day of, instead.
     It ended up being perfect. The kids had hot dogs and watermelon and played outside.  Our yard is really a great place for kids.  There isn't any grass or anything, but lots open space, and a long driveway perfect for chalk drawings and riding bikes.  AND, all fenced in so no worries of kids out in the street.
 

     The night before, the Hubby blew up a bunch of balloons so B could be surprised with a room full.  Sadly, he was too groggy to actually care that early in the morning.(He loves them now)  He was not too groggy, however, to remember the toy I had tried to sneak past his view on our shopping trip the day before.  First word out of his mouth that morning: Grimlock.
     After waking up completely, we made his favorite breakfast.  Pancakes.  I tried to put sprinkles in it, but in case you didn't know, stirring them in liquid saps the color out of them.  Resulting in this yucky purpley color.
     Then, after rushing to a quick prenatal appointment, (I was not aware it was shot day.  I was not prepared to get stuck with a needle) We had our friends over.
     Bryan was so tired when they left, that he looked at me and said, "Mom. it's bed time."
     After a much needed nap for both of us, we played until Daddy got home.  We went and picked out one last present, then grabbed Bryan's favorite dinner.  Panda Express.  We don't eat there very often, but he just loves it.  And loved trying out chopsticks this time around. (did a decent job too) when we ate leftovers the next day, he was a little disappointed to use a fork.  "Sticks mom. Where's the sticks."


     Present time was flat out adorable.  I think he remembered doing it at Christmas, when Papa would have him and his cousins help pass them out.  We sat down, and he grabbed one and said "Here you go Dad"  When we told him they were all for him, his response was, "I can open this?"  and then proceeded to ask if he could open it, before every single one.
     He was so polite and calm too.  I've never seen a kid be that calm while opening gifts.  Or take every piece of tape off instead of rip into it.
     When I say he was calm.  I meant for every present except his new Transformer.  Remember how his first word of the day was Grimlock?  Well he recognized the package of it while it was still wrapped.  That one went a little like this:
Jumping up and down-"Grimlock! My Grimlock!"
Actually opens it-"Wow! Grimlock"
More jumping accompanied by running around.
"Dad, look! Grimlock! So Awesome! Thanks Mom."
More running, then gently setting it down to open the next present.
     It was the cutest thing ever.  (Also, for those that don't have a kid obsessed with transformers, Grimlock is a Dino bot on the new transformers kid show.)
Finally got his grimlock
     Our day was so packed, we missed some birthday calls, but were able to Skype with my dad.  Bryan loves Skyping with Papa.  He told him all about his day, and showed off his birthday cupcake.
   
     I am so glad I was able to make this day special for my little boy.  It is hard to believe how small he was 3 years ago, or that it has only taken 3 years to grow this much.
     I know it was weeks ago, but Happy Birthday my Sweet Boy.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment