"Be feircely loyal to each other..." Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, May 25, 2012

Picmonkey Playtime

So I started playing with the photo editor at picmonkey.com and have now fell in love.  It is so easy to work with and a lot of fun here are just a couple images that I have fixed up. In 3 different stages

I took out the red eye(but not the pet eye because it make Freckles look crazier than he already does) and messed with the color on my face a bit.  adding some dark edges.
  I really like how it turned out. (I could even make myself look tanner...but that was a little too much for me)


This is a pen and ink picture I drew when I took art my Junior year of High School.  it is one that I really enjoyed doing and liked for the most part how it turned out.  So it is one that I have kept onto.



On pick monkey, there is a tool called "Lip Stain."  I really like this tool because it allows you to color something in, without getting rid of the details of that item.  I used that to color the drawing in.  I always wondered what it would look like with some coloring.  And because I used "Lip Stain" all of my original shading is still there.


 Then I went further and put the picture through black and white.  With the black and white tool, there is an option to use the pen.  The pen erases the black and white parts, turning it to the original.  I thought to try it out with the flowers and ladybugs.  I liked this much better than the fully colored one.  I also liked the touch of green that was left around the flowers and ladybugs.
You have all seen this picture on my facebook.  If you have gone back far enough, you have seen it on here too.  This was taken on new years a couple years ago.  See how I have taken it and transformed it.


I went through the editing process, teeth whitened, lips stained (on my lips this time instead of a piece of artwork...though to warn you, you have to be very careful because using this tool is EXACTLY like coloring and does not conform to your lips) messed with the coloring. 
Then put it through another color altering tool (sepia I think) Put Sarah's bits of pink through the effect eraser, then added a film border to it.
 I really had fun with Picmonkey.  Can you tell?  Tell me what you think.  And be sure to check it out if you haven't already.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment