"Be feircely loyal to each other..." Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, January 21, 2013

The Best Day Of My Life

I had decided that I wanted to try to do my pregnancy posts on Mondays, since that is my week marker for the Little Man(26 weeks)  Not today though.  I feel like I need to focus on a different topic.

Yesterday, in church, there was a talk given that I couldn't stop thinking about last night.  Bro. Loyd had talked about every day being the best day of our lives. (I know I looked like I was sleeping during almost the whole talk, but I promise I was listening.)
Some days, that seems like an impossible thought.  Loved ones pass away, tragedy happens, people just flat out have off days.  Think about it though.  If we searched and focused on the good things each day, even on days that seem to be filled with all bad, then each day can truly be the best day of our lives.
Before I heard about this, and someone asked me, "What was the best day of your life?"  I would have either answered with the day I was married, or the day we found out we were pregnant.  This is wrong though.  Today is.
I have decided that I am going to think about it every day, and come up with a list of reasons why that present day is the best day of my life.  (though I wont post a list everyday.  Just today)
Today is the Best Day of My Life:
  • One more day spent with my Sweetheart
  • One more day closer to meeting the Little Man
  • The Little Man kicked and stretched a lot
  • I got to take a quick nap today
  • One more day I get to be alive
  • The car sat in the sun and was toasty warm when I got in
  • A lady I didn't know told me I was cute(I think she was talking about my stomach)
  • I saw the Little Man kick me today
  • I got to read a little today
  • Another day I got to spend with these cuties

I just wanted to include some kind of picture

  • Talked to my little sister today
  • Our house is still safe
  • Went to someones house for dinner
  • Saw one of the nursery kids(at said house) and learned how much she really does talk
  • Another day that I have the knowledge that I am a daughter of god
  • Another day with a roof over my head.
  • My bed is warm

Lots of things about today make it the best.  I can't wait to see why tomorrow will be the best too.
Thank you Bro. Loyd for such a wonderful talk!

I challenge my current and future readers to do the same.  Think about your day, even if it has been a bad one, and try to make up a list of things that would make it the best day of your life.  It might not be easy, but it could turn a bad day around.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment