"Be feircely loyal to each other..." Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, February 3, 2014

Sick Baby, Sad Mommy

Happy Birthday to me! Now have a sick baby.
 This poor boy.  A couple days ago, we woke up to the daddy being sick.  I thought it was just exhaustion because he had gone far too many days on little to no sleep.  Though we decided to be careful just in case.  Plus if he did have the flu, Bryan and I were both vaccinated so we were pretty safe right?  Wrong.
 Then the clock hits 12 last night.  It's my birthday.  So naturally Bryan starts coughing THE cough.  I've been around kids for so long, even as a mommy noob, the cough strikes fear in me.  I picked him up right as the poor baby got sick everywhere.
So that has been our day. We cuddled and watched movies all day.  (Shrek the Musical and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang have saved us.) Tried to get used to only drinking a tiny bit and then waiting for another sip. (Dr.'s orders so that maybe, just maybe, something will get through his system) And are now on our last clean blanket and towel.  
I can't wait for this boy to get better.  It is tough to see him so miserable.  It is one of the hardest parts of being a parent.

Our little sick station 
Drawing in mommy's notebook makes him feel better
Photobucket

1 comment: